Budmerice, Bratislava county
N48° 21' 47.67", E17° 23' 46.35"
Budimír, Kerestúr, Gidrafa, Pudmericz
Budmerice mansion is located directly in the village Budmerice. From the main road 504 leading through the village we turn to one of the streets, eg. J.Holčeka, J.Rašu or other parallel streets. All these streets lead us to a path in front of the grounds of the mansion, where it is possible to park by the street or close to the entrance.
A short walk through the castle park will take you to the mansion.
< 5 min
Nearest castles (direct line):
Červený Kameň - 5.5 km, Pezinský zámok - 12.4 km, Kuchynský hrad - 16 km, Plavecké Podhradie - 16.4 km, Smolenice - 16.9 km, Plavecký hrad - 17.3 km, Ostrý Kameň - 17.7 km, Biely Kameň - 18.6 km, Trstín - 18.8 km, Čeklís - 19.9 km
The mansion has two floors and an attic. The predominant building style is eclecticism, which is usually manifested by the use and imitation of elements from several often opposite styles. The facades of the manor house are decorated with turrets, dormers, bay walls and gables. There is a horizontal bossage. The coat of arms of Ján Pálffy is placed above the entrance portal. The roofing is diverse. The building has a high tower with a walkway and an onion roof.
The entrance to the building is a monumental staircase, the individual rooms in the interior have a mostly flat ceiling. The mansion with English park is one of the national cultural monuments.
Unless stated differently, the photographs are subject to the copyright of hrady-zamky.sk
If the source is not mentioned, the photos come from deltiologists and users who sent or lent them to us, as well as from freely available sources, social networks and archives.
The Budmerice manor house, or also Pálffy manor house, was originally built as a hunting lodge by Ján Pálffy (1857-1934) in 1889. Count Pálffy came from the Červený Kameň line of an older branch of the family, not to be confused with the earlier born Count Ján František Pálffy. The Renaissance castles on the Loire River were probably the inspiration for the construction. Changes in the castle took place in the 19th century and were of a utilitarian nature. The manor house was a summer residence for the manor and since Ján Pálffy loved hunting, hunting was often done in its vicinity. There was also a pheasant near the manor house, and even today it is possible to find the remains of its fencing in the forest. The Pálffys were landowners in Budmerice. Budmerice was part of their Červený Kameň estate at the time.
During the 2nd world war, the manor house was plundered. In 1945 it was taken by the Czechoslovak Republic. It served for labor recreation and training. It later fell to the Literary Fund. The revitalization of the park took place in 1963. The manor house is currently renovated and is in good condition. The last major reconstruction took place in 1986. It served as the Home of Slovak Writers until 2011.
Used sources and literature: KRIŽANOVÁ E.,PUŠKÁROVÁ B. Hrady,zámky a kaštiele na Slovensku. Bratislava : Šport 1990 WEB: www.spoznajslovensko.sk, budmerice.net, www.wikipedia.sk, Archív hrady-zamky.sk