Horné Trhovište, Trnava county
N48° 28' 13.32", E17° 52' 03.08"
The road No. 1316 passes through the village of Horné Trhovište, along which we will follow until we pass a two-storey residential house on the left side (there is a narrow road opposite). Right behind the house is a space where we can park. The manor is right next door. It houses the Municipal Office, post office and inn.
< 5 min
Nearest castles (direct line):
Koplotovce - 4.5 km, Leopoldov - 7.2 km, Hlohovský zámok - 8.2 km, Lukáčovce - 9.4 km, Nové Sady - 10.3 km, Rišňovce - 11.5 km, Nitrianska Blatnica - 12.1 km, Horné Obdokovce - 13.7 km, Hajná Nová Ves - 14.1 km, Moravany nad Váhom - 14.8 km
It was originally a ground-floor, four-winged Renaissance building with a central courtyard. The manor house was surrounded by a moat and on the north side there was a bastion, which was later rebuilt into a chapel. The building was then rebuilt and acquired a three-winged shape with a U-type floor plan.
At present, the building houses the Municipal Office, post office and inn.
Unless stated differently, the photographs are subject to the copyright of hrady-zamky.sk
The history of the manor house in Horný Trhoviště dates back to the 16th century, when the village probably belonged to the descendants of the Škarbalov family from Sokolovice. The manor house was built in the Renaissance style according to the model of similar Renaissance buildings. It was fortified due to the imminent Turkish danger. Initially, it was a ground-floor, four-winged building with a central courtyard and a defensive tower on the north side. The mansion was surrounded by a moat.
In 1758, the manor house was extensively rebuilt, when it essentially lost its Renaissance appearance. Its owner, Baron Anton Jesenský, rebuilt the bastion into a chapel and rebuilt the whole building into a three-winged U-shaped floor plan.
Anton Jesenský was replaced by several owners, such as Alexander Hellenbach, Michal Szendrey, Gašpar Cingel, Žigmund Ernődy and Viktor Zerdahelyi. The manor was later transformed into a manor, managed by Ladislav Benkeő, followed by Alexander Blum and Jozef Borecký.
In 1931, the Bratislava General Bank took over the Borecký estate and in 1937 it sold it to the landowner Teltscher, whose property was nationalized after 1945.
There is a municipal office, post office and inn in the building
Used sources and literature: WEB: www.hornetrhoviste.sk, Archív hrady-zamky.sk